Back to previous

CRPS & Fibromyalgia Compensation – Can I Make A Claim?

Compensation claims for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) and fibromyalgia are notoriously difficult. Not many solicitors understand the long-term conditions whilst others have not even heard of them.

At Brian Barr, we have a team of fully qualified and experienced solicitors who are equipped with the skills and knowledge required to handle CRPS and fibromyalgia compensation claims, that can often be complex and extremely sensitive.

Last year, our dedication and hard work helped us to achieve an exceptional success rate, with 92% of the clients we represented winning their claim for compensation.

Proving that someone has a chronic condition to support a claim for compensation can be challenging. It requires exacting research and infinite patience as well as the opinion of a GP or medical professional.

As expert lawyers we act on behalf of people across England and Wales who suffer from CRPS, fibromyalgia and other chronic pain conditions caused by an accident or trauma which was not their fault.

Often, people are confused as to whether they may be eligible to make a claim for compensation. If you are unsure, our approachable and friendly team will advise and help to determine if you have a strong enough case to make a claim.

If you do, we will represent you from start to finish, helping you earn as much compensation as possible.

We understand that no amount of money will make your chronic pain disappear, but we will do everything we can for you to make living with it as comfortable as possible.

Below are some frequently asked questions and answers about making a claim for CRPS or fibromyalgia compensation.

What is the criteria for making a claim?

If you have chronic pain as a result of an injury from an accident that was not your fault or that resulted due to clinical negligence, the likelihood is you can make a claim for compensation.

As well as fresh claims, we also take over active claims from other solicitors. This is due to our unparalleled expertise in dealing with chronic pain conditions. Just as a specialist medical professional is needed to treat chronic pain, so a specialist chronic pain solicitor is needed to make a successful claim for compensation.

We also look at claims that, due to the chronic pain aspect not having been given due consideration, have been settled for far too low.

Do I need to have been in an accident or can it involve an injury at work for example?

Most claims for CRPS or fibromyalgia compensation arise out of road or traffic accidents or incidents in the workplace. However, any injury caused by the negligence of another can result in a claim. For example, a claim can be brought for stress at work, or even for a repetitive strain injury, e.g. doing the same task over and over without enough breaks.

How much will it cost me to pursue a claim for compensation?

At Brian Barr Solicitors, we work on a no-win no-fee basis.

If a claim is unsuccessful, there are no fees to be paid (unless there has been dishonesty on the part of the Claimant, in which case the necessary legal fees will be duly charged.)

In the more likely event that the claim is successful, a limited contribution towards legal fees is made. However, the vast majority of damages are kept by the Claimant.

Is there a time limit to bringing a claim?

Claims can usually be issued in the court up to three years after an injury has occurred. However, as every claim is different, it is advisable to check individual circumstances with us. There are instances where claims are permitted even after three years.

Do I need to have been officially diagnosed with CRPS or fibromyalgia to make a claim?

You do not need to have been officially diagnosed with either CRPS or fibromyalgia to make a claim for compensation.

How much am I likely to receive if my claim is successful?

Each claim is assessed on its merits. No two claims are alike, and no two individuals experience the same impact from their condition. As there are many contributing variables in each situation – such as the nature of the accident, personal situation and background and subsequent quality of life – a claim can easily range anywhere between five to seven figures.

If, after reading this blog, you would like to speak with one of our solicitors about starting a CRPS or fibromyalgia compensation claim, then call us on 0161 737 9248 or fill in our online contact form.

We do not endorse any research, studies or sources mentioned within our blogs and comments. Furthermore, we do not endorse any medical advice provided, and would strongly recommend anyone seeking medical advice to contact their local healthcare provider.

To start your claim

Get in touch

Request A Callback

To hear what our clients say about us

Visit our testimonials

Read more

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

Related Posts

Call Now Button