Our Complaints Compensation Procedure

We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to sort out any mistakes or misunderstandings, and to improve our standards.

If you have a complaint, please raise the problem in writing with the lawyer responsible for your matter, or in writing addressed to the Complaints Handler, Nicola Salt. It is important that the written complaint sets out all of the points about which you wish to complain so that it can be fully investigated. 

What will happen next?

  1. We will acknowledge receipt of your formal and full written complaint within three
    days of receiving it.

  2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve Miss Salt, or a
    solicitor nominated by her, reviewing your file and speaking to the member of staff
    who acted for you.

  3. If Miss Salt deems it appropriate, she may telephone or write to you to clarify any
    part of your complaint.

  4. A detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the
    matter, if appropriate, will be sent to you within 21 days of sending you the written
    acknowledgement of your complaint referred to in paragraph 1 above.

  5. If we have to change any of these timescales, we will let you know and explain

  6. If you are not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806,
    Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal
    Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final written
    response on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the
    Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or at [email protected].
    Note that the Legal Ombudsman service cannot be used by businesses or most
    other organisations unless they are below certain size limits. Further details are
    available from the Legal Ombudsman.

  1. If a complaint cannot be resolved you may also be able to ask for it to be referred
    to a process of alternative dispute resolution using a certified provider. We are not
    required to agree to such a request. In any case this is not available to businesses,
    only consumers. We will give you more information about that right if it becomes

  2. The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our
    behaviour. This could be for concerns about dishonesty, taking or losing your
    money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other
    characteristic. You can raise your concerns directly with the Solicitors Regulation
    Authority (www.sra.org.uk). 

Find out if you have a claim

Latest Articles

Fibromyalgia, CRPS, FND and Chronic Pain: understanding the mental and physical impact
Fibromyalgia, chronic pain and CRPS sufferers – tips for wellness during National Stress Awareness Month
Understanding the link between Fibromyalgia, CRPS, Chronic Pain, and stress
The connection between mental health and fibromyalgia and the implications in personal injury claims
The significance of medical records in personal injury cases
The impact of social media on personal injury claims
How long do you have to make a claim for compensation?
What factors determine the value of your personal injury claim?
The changing seasons – how Autumn impacts fibromyalgia, FND, and chronic pain sufferers
How much will it cost to bring a claim?
Why do I need to see so many doctors as part of my legal claim?
Can I sue a medical professional for clinical negligence?