Back to previous

Claiming For Fibromyalgia After An Injury Abroad

letterDear Brian

I have developed fibromyalgia after an accident at work in 2013 and I want to make a claim. I work for a British company but we have offices abroad and the accident happened when I was working in our Dubai office. Can I still make a claim even though the accident didn’t occur in England?



Dear Elliot

On the basis of what you have told me, you should be able to make a claim through the English Courts even though your accident happened in another country.

You can make a claim using a Solicitor based in the UK for an accident that happened abroad at work provided that the following applies:

  • The accident was the fault of your employer; and
  • At the time of the accident, your employer was a company based in the UK or had a registered office in the UK.

The claim would be handled in the same way as if the accident had happened in the UK and the three year time limit for issuing court proceedings still applies.


We do not endorse any research, studies or sources mentioned within our blogs and comments. Furthermore, we do not endorse any medical advice provided, and would strongly recommend anyone seeking medical advice to contact their local healthcare provider.

To start your claim

Get in touch

Request A Callback

To hear what our clients say about us

Visit our testimonials

Read more

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts